Need some help or instruction on how to do this skill?
Want a paper copy? Print a generated PDF for this skill.
Share MathGames with your students, and track their progress.
See how you scored compared to other students from around the world.
Learn Math Together.
Fourth - Number, money and measure
Standard 4.NS.1.5 - Solve mixed operation inequalities with decimals by finding the symbol that makes the expression true.
Fractions, decimal fractions and percentages
• I can choose the most appropriate form of fractions, decimal fractions and percentages to use when making calculations mentally, in written form or using technology, then use my solutions to make comparisons, decisions and choices.
• I can solve problems involving fractions and mixed numbers in context, using addition, subtraction or multiplication.
• Using proportion, I can calculate the change in one quantity caused by a change in a related quantity and solve real-life problems.
• Chooses the most efficient form of fractions, decimal fractions or percentages when making calculations.
• Uses calculations to support comparisons, decisions and choices.
• Calculates the percentage increase or decrease of a value.
• Applies addition, subtraction and multiplication skills to solve problems involving fractions and mixed numbers.
• Uses knowledge of proportion to solve problems in real-life which involve changes in related quantities.
If you notice any problems, please let us know.